Information for Authors
Reverted Rights & Out of Print
Have you published a title with another publisher only for it to go out of print or the rights revert to you? Sacristy Press would be interested in discussing the re-publication of your work — contact us now. As we work on the basis of Print on Demand (POD), your work will only ever go out of print when the time is right.
If your book was published before the days of e-books, or you specifically retained e-book rights within your publishing contract, Sacristy Press would love to hear from you. We produce high-quality e-books for distribution over a number of platforms (including Kindle, iTunes, Kobo, and WHSmith).
Sacristy Press is a co-operative publisher. Most of the books we publish are jointly financed by the author in order to offset initial production costs (such as typesetting, editorial work, and production). However, we do not charge the full market price for these activities and we are selective about the titles we publish; hence we are not a "vanity" or "subsidy" press.
As a result, we can give you a higher royalty than you might receive elsewhere — up to 25% of wholesale price, depending upon the nature of the work, your initial contribution, and expected return on investment.
Why publish with us?
- Our editorial process is a collaboration between the editor, designer, and author allowing you to have maximum input and attentive feedback.
- Fast turnaround: the time between receiving an edited manuscript and publishing your book can be as little as six weeks.
- We publish to e-book stores at the same time as the paper version goes to print, allowing for rapid market integration and consumer accessibility.
- The paper version of your book is printed via Print on Demand, it never goes out of print (subject to contract status and market conditions), and there are no large and expensive print runs.
- E-books are priced to encourage high volume sales.
- Titles are marketed extensively via social media and other channels.
- Your title can be made available not only in the UK, but additionally in other markets worldwide, including the USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, and elsewhere.
- E-books are available in the widest possible selection of markets and platforms.
Sacristy Press is currently accepting book proposals. Would you like to join our rapidly expanding group of authors? At Sacristy Press we firmly believe that the best books are collaborations between dedicated authors and dedicated publishers. Together we can make it happen.
If you would like us to consider your work, please send us the following documents:
- A one-page covering letter outlining the project
- A sample chapter or section of your book
- Your CV (max. 2 pages)
- A completed project proposal form (MS Word template, compatible with Word 2003 or higher. Download a version compatible with older versions of MS Word and OpenOffice)
Send these documents, on paper, to Sacristy Press, PO Box 612, Durham, DH1 9HT.
We will contact you to confirm receipt within four weeks, at which point we will give some indication of when we expect to be able to review your submission.